1. Abolishment of fear memory-disruptive effects REM sleep deprivation by harmane. Biomedicine and Pharmacotherapy. Nasehi M, Shirkhodaei A, Ebrahimi-Ghiri M, Zarrindast MR. Biomedicine and Pharmacotherapy. 2019;109:1563-8.
Ashabi G, Monfared Neirizi N, Behrouzi M, Safarzadeh M, Rajabpoor Dehdashti A, Sadat-Shirazi MS, et al. Neuroscience Research. 2019.
3. Additive interaction between scopolamine and nitric oxide agents on immobility in the forced swim test but not exploratory activity in the hole-board. Nasehi M, Mohammadi-Mahdiabadi-Hasani MH, Ebrahimi-Ghiri M, Zarrindast MR. Psychopharmacology. 2019;236(11):3353-62.
4. Alcohol Use Disorders Identification Test (AUDIT): Validation of the Persian Version in an Iranian Population. Rafiemanesh H, Yazdani K, Nedjat S, Noroozi A, Saunders JB, Mojtabai R, et al. Alcohol. 2019.
5. Antinociceptive and antidepressive efficacies of the combined ineffective doses of S-ketamine and URB597. Ebrahimi-Ghiri M, Shahini F, Khakpai F, Zarrindast MR. Naunyn-Schmiedeberg's Archives of Pharmacology. 2019;392(11):1393-400.
6. Anxiolytic and antidepressant effects of ACPA and harmaline co-treatment. Ebrahimi-Ghiri M, Nasehi M, Zarrindast MR. Behavioural Brain Research. 2019;364:296-302.
7. Assessing Iranians' parental competence: Development and psychometric properties of the Children's Sexual Behavior Questionnaire (CSBQ-IR), Iranian Version. Merghati-Khoei E, Atoof F, Sheikhan F, Omati S, Aghajani N, Hosseinzadeh M. Health Promotion Perspectives. 2019;9(2):131-6.
Marzban M, Hadji M, Gholipour M, Rashidian H, Rezaianzadeh A, Hasanzadeh J, et al. Journal of Ethnicity in Substance Abuse. 2019;18(2):309-18.
9. Awareness and attitude towards opioid and stimulant use and lifetime prevalence of the drugs: A study in 5 large cities of Iran. Mohebbi E, Haghdoost AA, Noroozi A, Vardanjani HM, Hajebi A, Nikbakht R, et al. International Journal of Health Policy and Management. 2019;8(4):222-32.
10. Benefit effect of REM-sleep deprivation on memory impairment induced by intensive exercise in male wistar rats: With respect to hippocampal BDNF and TrkB. Mahboubi S, Nasehi M, Imani A, Sadat-Shirazi MS, Zarrindast MR, Vousooghi N, et al. Nature and Science of Sleep. 2019;11:179-88.
11. Bias Toward Drug-Related Stimuli Is Affected by Loading Working Memory in Abstinent Ex-Methamphetamine Users. Deldar Z, Ekhtiari H, Pouretemad HR, Khatibi A. Frontiers in Psychiatry. 2019;10.
12. Characterizing the relationship between incarceration and structural risks among female sex workers in Iran: findings of a nationwide biobehavioral surveillance survey. Karamouzian M, Shokoohi M, Kaplan RL, Noroozi A, Sharifi H, Baral SD, et al. Annals of Epidemiology. 2019;35:29-34.
13. Co-administration of the low dose of orexin and nitrergic antagonists induces an antidepressant-like effect in mice.Alijanpour S, Khakpai F, Ebrahimi-Ghiri M, Zarrindast MR. Biomedicine and Pharmacotherapy. 2019;109:589-94.
14. Cognitive rehabilitation for individuals with opioid use disorder: A randomized controlled trial*. Rezapour T, Hatami J, Farhoudian A, Sofuoglu M, Noroozi A, Daneshmand R, et al. Neuropsychological Rehabilitation. 2019;29(8):1273-89.
15. Comparing injecting and sexual risk behaviors of long-term injectors with new injectors: A meta-analysis. Ghiasvand H, Bayani A, Noroozi A, Marshall BD, Koohestani HR, Hemmat M, et al. Journal of Addictive Diseases. 2019.
16. Comparing Injecting Risk Behaviors of Long-Term Injectors with New Injectors in Tehran, Iran. Bazrafshan MR, Noroozi M, Ghisvand H, Noroozi A, Alibeigi N, Abbasi M, et al. Substance Use and Misuse. 2019;54(2):185-90.
17. Computer-aided classifying and characterizing of methamphetamine use disorder using resting-state EEG.Khajehpour H, Mohagheghian F, Ekhtiari H, Makkiabadi B, Jafari AH, Eqlimi E, et al. Cognitive Neurodynamics. 2019;13(6):519-30.
18. Concurrent amphetamine and methamphetamine use among clients of opioid maintenance treatment programs in Golestan, Iran. Danesh A, Noroozi A. Iranian Journal of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences. 2019;13(2).
19. Correction to: The effect of CA1 dopaminergic system on amnesia induced by harmane in mice (Acta Neurologica Belgica, (2019), 119, 3, (369-377), 10.1007/s13760-018-0926-8). Nasehi M, Hasanvand S, Khakpai F, Zarrindast MR. Acta Neurologica Belgica. 2019;119(3):509.
20. Correlates of injecting paraphernalia sharing among male drug injectors in Kermanshah, Iran: implications for HCV prevention. Mehrabi Y, Etemad K, Noroozi A, Higgs P, Nasirian M, Sharhani A, et al. Journal of Substance Use. 2019.
21. Corrigendum to “Evaluation of the CART peptide expression in morphine sensitization in male rats” (European Journal of Pharmacology (2017) 802 (52–59), (S0014299917301164) (10.1016/j.ejphar.2017.02.040)). Bakhtazad A, Vousooghi N, Garmabi B, Zarrindast MR. European Journal of Pharmacology. 2019;842:386-7.
22. Cross state-dependent memory retrieval between morphine and norharmane in the mouse dorsal hippocampus. Ebrahimi-Ghiri M, Khakpai F, Zarrindast MR. Brain Research Bulletin. 2019;153:24-9.
23. “Demand what you prefer”: The role of sexual assertiveness among HIV-infected women. Vakili F, Alipour A, Khoei EM, Rasoolinejad M.Central European Journal of Nursing and Midwifery. 2019;10(2):1052-8.
24. Disrupted resting-state brain functional network in methamphetamine abusers: A brain source space study by EEG. Khajehpour H, Makkiabadi B, Ekhtiari H, Bakht S, Noroozi A, Mohagheghian F. PLoS ONE. 2019;14(12).
25. The effect of CA1 dopaminergic system on amnesia induced by harmane in mice. Nasehi M, Hasanvand S, Khakpai F, Zarrindast MR. Acta Neurologica Belgica. 2019;119(3):369-77.
26. Effects of precondition α2-adrenoceptor agents on memory- and anxiety-related processes in the transient cerebral ischemic rats. Nasehi M, Imani E, Ebrahimi-Ghiri M, Sabouri-Khanghah V, Zarrindast MR. Naunyn-Schmiedeberg's Archives of Pharmacology. 2019.
27. Efficacy of neurocognitive rehabilitation after coronary artery bypass graft surgery in improving quality of life: An interventional trial. Ajtahed SS, Rezapour T, Etemadi S, Moradi H, Asgarabad MH, Ekhtiari H. Frontiers in Psychology. 2019;10(JULY).
28. Efficacy of Neurocognitive Rehabilitation After Coronary Artery Bypass Graft Surgery in Improving Quality of Life: An Interventional Trial. Ajtahed SS, Rezapour T, Etemadi S, Moradi H, Habibi Asgarabad M, Ekhtiari H. Front Psychol. 2019;08(10):01759.
29. Efficacy of pharmacological and non-pharmacological interventions on low sexual interest/arousal of peri- and post-menopausal women: a meta-analysis. Javadivala Z, Merghati-Khoei E, Asghari Jafarabadi M, Allahverdipour H, Mirghafourvand M, Nadrian H, et al. Sexual and Relationship Therapy. 2019;34(2):242-70.
30. Epidemiological Challenges in the Study of Behavioral Addictions: a Call for High Standard Methodologies. Rumpf H-J, Brandt D, Demetrovics Z, Billieux J, Carragher N, Brand M, et al. Current Addiction Reports. 2019:1-7.
31. Estimation of direct and indirect effects of risk behaviors on HCV infection among people who inject drugs in Kermanshah, Iran: a path analysis study. Etemad K, Khodakarim S, Sharhani A, Noroozi A, Higs P, Gheibipour H. Journal of Substance Use. 2019.
32. Evaluation of dynorphin and kappa-opioid receptor level in the human blood lymphocytes and plasma: Possible role as a biomarker in severe opioid use disorder.Shahkarami K, Vousooghi N, Golab F, Mohsenzadeh A, Baharvand P, Sadat-Shirazi MS, et al. Drug and Alcohol Dependence. 2019;205.
33. The evolution of addiction treatment and harm reduction programs in Iran: a chaotic response or a synergistic diversity? Ekhtiari H, Noroozi A, Farhoudian A, Radfar SR, Hajebi A, Sefatian S, et al. Addiction. 2019.
34. An exploratory mixed method study for developing and psychometric properties of the sexual information, motivation and behavioral skills scale (SIMBS) in Iranian couples. Bagheri F, Khoei EM, Barati M, Soltanian A, Sharma M, Khadivi R, et al. Journal of Research in Health Sciences. 2019;19(2).
35. An Exploratory Study of Units of Reporting Opium Usein Iran: Implications for Epidemiologic Studies. Mohebbi E, Kamangar F, Rahimi-Movaghar A, Haghdoost AA, Etemadi A, Amirzadeh S, et al. Archives of Iranian medicine. 2019;22(10):541-5.
36. Global patterns of opioid use and dependence: harms to populations, interventions, and future action. The Lancet. Degenhardt L, Grebely J, Stone J, Hickman M, Vickerman P, Marshall BDL, et al. The Lancet. 2019;394(10208):1560-79.
37. Global, regional, and national burden of suicide mortality 1990 to 2016: Systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2016. Orpana HM, Marczak LB, Arora M, Abbasi N, Abdulkader RS, Abebe Z, et al. BMJ (Online). 2019;364.
38. HIV infected women vulnerability for presenting sexual dysfunction: The role of sexual dysfunctional beliefs. Vakili F, Alipour A, Merghati Khoei E, Rasoolinejad M. Sexologies. 2019;28(4):177-82.
39. HIV prevalence among People Who Inject Drugs (PWID) and related factors in Iran: a systematic review, meta‐analysis and trend analysis. Rahimi J, Gholami J, Amin‐Esmaeili M, Fotouhi A, Rafiemanesh H, Shadloo B, et al. Addiction. 2019.
40. Innovations and changes in the ICD-11 classification of mental, behavioural and neurodevelopmental disorders. Reed GM, First MB, Kogan CS, Hyman SE, Gureje O, Gaebel W, et al. World Psychiatry. 2019;18(1):3-19.
41. Innovations and changes in the ICD‐11 classification of mental, behavioural and neurodevelopmental disorders. Reed GM, First MB, Kogan CS, Hyman SE, Gureje O, Gaebel W, et al. World Psychiatry. 2019;18(1):3-19.
42. Inpatient buprenorphine-assisted withdrawal for treatment of vulnerable adolescents with opioids use disorder in Zahedan, Iran: An observational study. Moghadam MF, Hashemian SS, Hajebi A, Pishjoo M, Noroozi A. International Journal of High Risk Behaviors and Addiction. 2019;8(1).
43. Internal consistency and confirmatory factor analysis of smartphone addiction inventory (SPAI). Imani S, Goradel JA, Mousavi S, Noroozi A. Iranian Journal of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences. 2019;13(2).
44. An intervention to improve HCV testing, linkage to care, and treatment among people who use drugs in Tehran, Iran: The ENHANCE study. Alavi M, Poustchi H, Merat S, Kaveh-ei S, Rahimi-Movaghar A, Shadloo B, et al. International Journal of Drug Policy. 2019;72:99-105.
45. The involvement of D1 and D2 dopamine receptors in the restoration effect of left frontal anodal, but not cathodal, tDCS on streptozocin-induced amnesia. Roostaei A, Vaezi G, Nasehi M, Haeri-Rohani A, Zarrindast MR. Archives of Iranian Medicine. 2019;22(3):144-54.
46. Iran in transition. Danaei G, Farzadfar F, Kelishadi R, Rashidian A, Rouhani OM, Ahmadnia S, et al. The Lancet. 2019;393(10184):1984-2005.
47. Ketamine-induced antidepressant like effects in mice: A possible involvement of cannabinoid system. Khakpai F, Ebrahimi-Ghiri M, Alijanpour S, Zarrindast MR. Biomedicine and Pharmacotherapy. 2019;112.
48. Mental health services for youth in the eastern mediterranean region: Challenges and opportunities. Rahman A, Hamoda HM, Rahimi-Movaghar A, Khan M, Saeed K. Eastern Mediterranean Health Journal. 2019;25(2):80-1.
49. Misuse of prescribed opioids in the United States. Mojtabai R, Amin-Esmaeili M, Nejat E, Olfson M. Pharmacoepidemiology and Drug Safety. 2019;28(3):345-53.
50. MLC901 during sleep deprivation rescues fear memory disruption in rats. Nasehi M, Mohammadi A, Ebrahimi-Ghiri M, Hashemi M, Zarrindast MR. Naunyn-Schmiedeberg's Archives of Pharmacology. 2019;392(7):813-21.
51. The modulatory role of nicotine on cognitive and non-cognitive functions. Zarrindast MR, Khakpai F. Brain Research. 2019;1710:92-101.
52. Morphine exposure before conception affects anxiety-like behavior and CRF level (in the CSF and plasma) in the adult male offspring. Sabzevari S, Rohbani K, Sadat-Shirazi MS, Babhadi-Ashar N, Shakeri A, Ashabi G, et al. Brain Research Bulletin. 2019;144:122-31.
53. NMDA receptor subunits change in the prefrontal cortex of pure-opioid and multi-drug abusers: a post-mortem study. Daneshparvar H, Sadat-Shirazi MS, Fekri M, Khalifeh S, Ziaie A, Esfahanizadeh N, et al. European Archives of Psychiatry and Clinical Neuroscience. 2019;269(3):309-15.
54. NMDA receptors of blood lymphocytes anticipate cognitive performance variations in healthy volunteers. Sadat-Shirazi MS, Ashabi G, Hessari MB, Khalifeh S, Neirizi NM, Matloub M, et al. Physiology and Behavior. 2019;201:53-8.
55. Oral health status and its determinants among opiate dependents: A cross-sectional study. Shekarchizadeh H, Khami MR, Mohebbi SZ, Ekhtiari H, Virtanen JI. BMC Oral Health. 2019;19(1).
56. Parental morphine exposure affects repetitive grooming actions and marble burying behavior in the offspring: Potential relevance for obsessive-compulsive like behavior. Rohbani K, Sabzevari S, Sadat-Shirazi MS, Nouri Zadeh-Tehrani S, Ashabi G, Khalifeh S, et al. European Journal of Pharmacology. 2019;865.
57. Parental morphine exposure enhances morphine (but not methamphetamine) preference and increases monoamine oxidase-B level in the nucleus accumbens. Sadat-Shirazi MS, Karimi F, Kaka G, Ashabi G, Ahmadi I, Akbarabadi A, et al. Behavioural Pharmacology. 2019;30(5):435-45.
58. Personality traits and substance use disorders: Comparative study with drug user and non-drug user population. Seyed Hashemi SG, Merghati Khoei E, Hosseinnezhad S, Mousavi M, Dadashzadeh S, Mostafaloo T, et al. Personality and Individual Differences. 2019;148:50-6.
59. Population Size Estimation of Tramadol Misusers in Urban Population in Iran: Synthesis of Methods and Results. Nasiri N, Abedi L, Hajebi A, Noroozi A, Khalili M, Chegeni M, et al. Addict Health. 2019;11(3):173-82.
60. Possible involvement of nucleus accumbens D1-like dopamine receptors in the morphine-induced condition place preference in the offspring of morphine abstinent rats.Sadat-Shirazi MS, Monfared Neirizi N, Matloob M, Safarzadeh M, Behrouzi M, Rajabpoor Dehdashti A, et al. Life Sciences. 2019;233.
61. Potentiation of morphine-induced antinociception by harmaline: involvement of μ-opioid and ventral tegmental area NMDA receptors. Alijanpour S, Zarrindast MR. Psychopharmacology. 2019.
62. The prevalence and associated factors of extra/pre-marital sexual behaviors among university students in Kerman, Iran. Zahedi R, Nasiri N, Zeinali M, Noroozi A, Hajebi A, Haghdoost AA, et al. International Journal of High Risk Behaviors and Addiction. 2019;8(1).
63. Prevalence and Correlates of Lifetime Alcohol Use among Adult Urban Populations in Iran: A Knowledge, Attitude, and Practice Study. Mehrabi M, Hajebi A, Mohebbi E, Baneshi MR, Khodadost M, Haghdoost AA, et al. Journal of Psychoactive Drugs. 2019;51(3):290-7.
64. Prevalence and risk factors for injection site skin infections among people who inject drugs (PWID) in Tehran. Noroozi M, Armoon B, Ghisvand H, Noroozi A, Karimy M, Bazrafshan MR, et al. Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology. 2019;18(1):258-62.
65. Prevalence of intimate partner violence and reproductive health outcomes among Afghan refugee women in Iran. Delkhosh M, Merghati Khoei E, Ardalan A, Rahimi Foroushani A, Gharavi MB. Health Care for Women International. 2019;40(2):213-37.
66. Prevalence of Psychiatric Disorders and Associated Factors among the Youth in Ravansar, Iran. Khazaie H, Hamzeh B, Najafi F, Chehri A, Rahimi-Movaghar A, Amin-Esmaeili M, et al. Archives of Iranian medicine. 2019;22(8):435-42.
67. Prevalence of skin and soft tissue infections and its related high-risk behaviors among people who inject drugs: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Moradi-Joo M, Ghiasvand H, Noroozi M, Armoon B, Noroozi A, Karimy M, et al. Journal of Substance Use. 2019;24(4):350-60.
68. Profile of drug users in the residential treatment centers of Tehran, Iran. Akbari H, Roshanpajouh M, Nourijelyani K, Mansournia MA, Rahimi-Movaghar A, Yazdani K. Health Promotion Perspectives. 2019;9(3):248-54.
69. Province-level Prevalence of Psychiatric Disorders: Application of small-area methodology to the Iranian Mental Health Survey (IRANMHS). Moradpour F, Hajebi A, Salehi M, Solaymani-Dodaran M, Rahimi-Movaghar A, Sharifi V, et al. Iranian Journal of Psychiatry. 2019;14(1):16-32.
70. A public health approach to alcohol use and its related harms in Iran. Shokoohi M, Rahimi-Movaghar A, Noroozi A, Karamouzian M. The Lancet Public Health. 2019;4(4):e175-e6.
71. A qualitative inquiry of sexuality in Iranian couples using the Information-Motivation-Behavioral skills paradigm.Merghati Khoei E, Moeini B, Barati M, Soltanian AR, Shahpiri E, Ghaleiha A, et al. Journal of the Egyptian Public Health Association. 2019;94(1).
72. A Randomized Controlled Trial of Brief Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Regular Methamphetamine Use in Methadone Treatment. Alammehrjerdi Z, Briggs NE, Biglarian A, Mokri A, Dolan K. Journal of Psychoactive Drugs. 2019;51(3):280-9.
73. Randomized controlled trial protocol to evaluate the effect of an educational intervention using information, motivation and behavioral skills model on sexual satisfaction of new couples in Iran. Moeini B, Merghati Khoei E, Barati M, Soltanian A, Sharma M, Khadivi R, et al. Reproductive Health. 2019;16(1).
74. A Randomized Trial of a Relationship-Enhancement Approach in Improving Marital Intimacy in Middle-Aged Iranian Couples. Javadivala Z, Allahverdipour H, Kouzekanani K, Merghati-Khoei E, Asghari Jafarabadi M, Mirghafourvand M. Journal of Sex and Marital Therapy. 2019;45(3):190-200.
75. The risk environments of people who use drugs accessing two harm reduction centers in Tehran, Iran: A qualitative study. Bastani P, Marshall BDL, Rahimi-Movaghar A, Noroozi A. International Journal of Drug Policy. 2019;63:90-6.
76. A Roadmap for Integrating Neuroscience Into Addiction Treatment: A Consensus of the Neuroscience Interest Group of the International Society of Addiction Medicine. Verdejo-Garcia A, Lorenzetti V, Manning V, Piercy H, Bruno R, Hester R, et al. Front Psychiatry. 2019;23(10):00877.
77. The role of calcium-calmodulin-dependent protein kinase II in modulation of spatial memory in morphine sensitized rats. Sadat-Shirazi MS, Ahmadian-Moghadam H, Khalifeh S, Nouri Zadeh-Tehrani S, Farahmandfar M, Zarrindast MR. Behavioural Brain Research. 2019;359:298-303
78. The Role of Kinase Signaling in Resistance to Bevacizumab Therapy for Glioblastoma Multiforme. Ramezani S, Vousooghi N, Joghataei MT, Chabok SY. Cancer Biotherapy and Radiopharmaceuticals. 2019;34(6):345-54.
79. Rolipram optimizes therapeutic effect of bevacizumab by enhancing proapoptotic, antiproliferative signals in a glioblastoma heterotopic model. Ramezani S, Vousooghi N, Ramezani Kapourchali F, Yousefzadeh-Chabok S, Reihanian Z, Alizadeh AM, et al. Life Sciences. 2019;239.
80. Sensitivity of Crosswise Model to Simplistic Selection of Nonsensitive Questions: An Application to Estimate Substance Use, Alcohol Consumption and Extramarital Sex Among Iranian College Students. Safiri S, Rahimi-Movaghar A, Mansournia MA, Yunesian M, Shamsipour M, Sadeghi-Bazargani H, et al. Substance Use and Misuse. 2019;54(4):601-11.
81. Substance use among poisoned teenage patients.Zamani N, Hassanian-Moghaddam H, Noroozi A, Saberi Zafarghandi MB, Kolahi AA. Iranian Journal of Public Health. 2019;48(10):1847-54.
82. Ten-item internet gaming disorder test (IGDT-10): Measurement invariance and cross-cultural validation across seven language-based samples. Király O, Bothe B, Ramos-Diaz J, Rahimi-Movaghar A, Lukavska K, Hrabec O, et al. Psychology of Addictive Behaviors. 2019;33(1):91-103.
83. Tramadol induces changes in Δ-FosB, µ-opioid receptor, and p-CREB level in the nucleus accumbens and prefrontal cortex of male Wistar rat. Sadat-Shirazi MS, Babhadi-Ashar N, Khalifeh S, Mahboubi S, Ahmadian-Moghaddam H, Zarrindast MR. American Journal of Drug and Alcohol Abuse. 2019;45(1):84-9.
84. Transcranial electrical and magnetic stimulation (tES and TMS) for addiction medicine: A consensus paper on the present state of the science and the road ahead. Ekhtiari H, Tavakoli H, Addolorato G, Baeken C, Bonci A, Campanella S, et al. Neuroscience and Biobehavioral Reviews. 2019;104:118-40.
85. Transgenerational influence of parental morphine exposure on pain perception, anxiety-like behavior and passive avoidance memory among male and female offspring of wistar rats. Ahmadian-Moghadam H, Sadat-Shirazi MS, Seifi F, Niknamfar S, Akbarabadi A, Toolee H, et al. EXCLI Journal. 2019;18:1019-36.
86. Transplantation of adipose tissue-derived stem cells into brain through cerebrospinal fluid in rat models: Protocol development and initial outcome data. Amini N, Vousooghi N, Alizade A, Ramezani S, Joghataei MT, Milan PB, et al. Current Stem Cell Research and Therapy. 2019;14(2):191-5.
87. A trend study on media representation and economic circulation of drug addiction treatment market in Iran: Development of opioid maintenance services and emergence of treatment menu for amphetamines. Rezaee S, Esmizadeh S, Deilamizade A, Noroozi A, Ekhtiari H. Iranian Journal of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences. 2019;13(1).
88. World Health Organization (WHO) Collaborative Project on the Development of an International Diagnostic Interview for Gaming Disorder. Carragher N, Rumpf H-J, Higuchi S, Billieux J, King D, Bowden-Jones H, et al. Journal of Behavioral Addictions. 2019;8:59-. Journal of Behavioral Addictions. 2019;8:59-.
89. μ-Opioid receptor in the CA1 involves in tramadol and morphine cross state-dependent memory. Niknamfar S, Nouri Zadeh-Tehrani S, Sadat-Shirazi MS, Akbarabadi A, Rahimi-Movaghar A, Zarrindast MR. Neuroscience Letters. 2019;705:177-82.
1. High-Risk Behaviors Among Regular and Casual Female Sex Workers in Iran: A Report from Western Asia. Abadi MAA, Abolghasemi J, Rimaz S, Majdzadeh R, Shokoohi M, Rostami-Maskopaee F, et al. Iranian Journal of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences. 2018;12(1).
2. Pattern of substance use among students of medical sciences in Tehran, Iran: A latent class analysis. Abbasi-Ghahramanloo A, Rahimi-Movaghar A, Zeraati H, Fotouhi A. Journal of Substance Use. 2018;23(6):648-54.
3. Culture and Sexuality: Cognitive-Emotional Determinants of Sexual Dissatisfaction Among Iranian and New Zealand Women. Abdolmanafi A, Nobre P, Winter S, Tilley PJM, Jahromi RG.
4. Incidence and cost of non-fatal burns in Iran: a nationwide population-based study. Abouie A, Salamati P, Hafezi-Nejad N, Rahimi-Movaghar A, Saadat S, Amin-Esmaeili M, et al. International Journal of Injury Control and Safety Promotion. 2018;25(1):23-30.
5. Cocaine- and amphetamine-regulated transcript (CART): A multifaceted neuropeptide. Ahmadian-Moghadam H, Sadat-Shirazi MS, Zarrindast MR. Peptides. 2018;110:56-77.
6. Influence of adjuvant detached mindfulness and stress management training compared to pharmacologic treatment in primiparae with postpartum depression. Ahmadpanah M, Nazaribadie M, Aghaei E, Ghaleiha A, Bakhtiari A, Haghighi M, et al. Archives of Womens Mental Health. 2018;21(1):65-73.
7. Effect of rat parental morphine exposure on passive avoidance memory and morphine conditioned place preference in male offspring. Akbarabadi A, Niknamfar S, Vousooghi N, Sadat-Shirazi MS, Toolee H, Zarrindast MR. Physiology & Behavior. 2018;184:143-9.
8. Plasticity after pediatric cochlear implantation: Implication from changes in peripheral plasma level of BDNF and auditory nerve responses. Alemi R, Zarandy MM, Joghataei MT, Eftekharian A, Zarrindast MR, Vousooghi N. International Journal of Pediatric Otorhinolaryngology. 2018;105:103-10.
Alijanpour S, Arabi-Shirazi A, Khakpai F, Zarrindast MR, Sharifi KA. European Journal of Pharmacology. 2018;836:44-9.
10. Methods for calculation of per capita alcohol consumption in a Muslim majority country with a very low drinking level: Findings from the 2011 Iranian mental health survey.Amin-Esmaeili M, Motevalian A, Hajebi A, Sharifi V, Stockwell T, Rahimi-Movaghar A. Drug and Alcohol Review. 2018;37(7):874-8.
11. Bipolar features in major depressive disorder: Results from the Iranian mental health survey (IranMHS). Amin-Esmaeili M, Motevalian A, Rahimi-Movaghar A, Hajebi A, Sharifi V, Mojtabai R, et al. Journal of Affective Disorders. 2018;241:319-24.
12. A new rat model of neonatal bilirubin encephalopathy (kernicterus) (vol 84, pg 44, 2017). Amini N, Vousooghi N, Soleimani M, Samadikuchaksaraei A, Akbari M, Safakheil H, et al. Journal of Pharmacological and Toxicological Methods. 2018;92:95-.
13. Barriers to health service utilization among iranian female sex workers: A qualitative study. Asadi-AliAbadi M, Abolghasemi J, Rimaz S, Majdzadeh R, Rostami-Maskopaee F, Merghati-Khoei E. Journal of Preventive Medicine and Public Health. 2018;51(2):64-70.
14. Is the Nociception Mechanism Altered in Offspring of Morphine-Abstinent Rats? Ashabi G, Sadat-Shirazi MS, Akbarabadi A, Vousooghi N, Kheiri Z, Toolee H, et al. Journal of Pain. 2018;19(5):529-41.
15. Understanding Non-Adherence to Treatment in Hypertension: A Qualitative Study. Ashoorkhani M, Majdzadeh R, Gholami J, Eftekhar H, Bozorgi A. BMC Womens Health. 2018;6(4):314-23.
16. The role of ventral hippocampal (CA3) 5-HT4 receptor in rats emotional memory in elevated plus-maze task. Charousaei A, Babapour V, Zarrindast MR, Nasehi M. Journal of Veterinary Research. 2018;73(3):353-60.
17. Global, regional, and national age-sex-specific mortality for 282 causes of death in 195 countries and territories, 1980–2017: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2017. Collaborators GBDCoD, Roth GA, Abate D, Abate KH, Abay SM, Abbafati C, et al. The Lancet. 2018;392(10159):1736-88.
18. The modulatory role of accumbens and hippocampus D2 receptors in anxiety and memory. Ebrahimi-Ghiri M, Nasehi M, Zarrindast MR. Naunyn-Schmiedebergs Archives of Pharmacology. 2018;391(10):1107-18.
19. Role of CA1 GABA(A) and GABA(B) receptors on learning deficit induced by D-AP5 in passive avoidance step-through task. Ebrahimi-Ghiri M, Rostampour M, Jamshidi-Mehr M, Nasehi M, Zarrindast MR. Brain Research. 2018;1678:164-73.
20. Young Women’s Experience of Sexuality: A Battle of Pleasure and Sexual Purity in the Context of Malaysian Society. Fazli Khalaf Z, Liow JW, Low WY, Ghorbani B, Merghati-Khoei E. Sexuality and Culture. 2018;22(3):849-64.
21. Measuring performance on the Healthcare Access and Quality Index for 195 countries and territories and selected subnational locations: a systematic analysis from the Global Burden of Disease Study 2016. Fullman N, Yearwood J, Abay SM, Abbafati C, Abd-Allah F, Abdela J, et al. Lancet. 2018;391(10136):2236-71.
22. Sexual Health Education at Home: Attitude and Practice of Iranian Parents.Ganji J, Emamian MH, Maasoumi R, Keramat A, Merghati Khoei E. Iran J Public Health. 2018;47(1):146-7.
23. Lead poisoning outbreak among opium users in the Islamic Republic of Iran, 2016-2017. Ghane T, Zamani N, Hassanian-Moghaddam H, Beyrami A, Noroozi A. Bulletin of the World Health Organization. 2018;96(3):165-72.
24. Preliminary normative data of Persian phonemic and semantic verbal fluency test. Ghasemian-Shirvan E, Shirazi SM, Aminikhoo M, Zareaan M, Ekhtiari H. Iranian journal of psychiatry. 2018;13(4):288-95.
25. Alcohol use and burden for 195 countries and territories, 1990-2016: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2016. Griswold MG, Fullman N, Hawley C, Arian N, Zimsen SRM, Tymeson HD, et al. Lancet. 2018;392(10152):1015-35.
26. Adaptation and validation of short scales for assessment o psychological distress in Iran: The Persian K10 and K6. Hajebi A, Motevalian A, Amin-Esmaeili M, Rahimi-Movaghar A, Sharifi V, Hoseini L, et al. International Journal of Methods in Psychiatric Research. 2018;27(3).
27. Major anxiety disorders in Iran: prevalence, sociodemographic correlates and service utilization. Hajebi A, Motevalian SA, Rahimi-Movaghar A, Sharifi V, Amin-Esmaeili M, Radgoodarzi R, et al. Bmc Psychiatry. 2018;18.
28. Investigating the effectiveness of reminiscence therapy on of elderlies depression and optimism: An experiment study. Hamzehzadeh M, Golzari M, Rafiemanesh H, Meshki V, Abdolalizadeh M, Hoseini L, et al. Prensa Medica Argentina. 2018;104(6).
29. Sexual Life During Pregnancy: Effect of an Educational Intervention on the Sexuality of Iranian Couples: A Quasiexperimental Study. Heidari M, Shokravi FA, Zayeri F, Azin SA, Merghati-Khoei E. Journal of Sex & Marital Therapy. 2018;44(1):45-55.
30. Comparative Effectiveness Study in Multiple Sclerosis Patients Using Instrumental Variable Analysis. Hosseini H, Mansournia MA, Nabavi SM, Akhlaghi AA, Gholami J, Mohammad K, et al. Archives of Iranian Medicine. 2018;21(8):368-75.
31. Patients with OCD report lower quality of life after controlling for expert-I rated symptoms of depression and anxiety. Jahangard L, Fadaei V, Sajadi A, Haghighi M, Ahmadpanah M, Matinnia N, et al. Psychiatry Research. 2018;260:318-23.
32. Global, regional, and national incidence, prevalence, and years lived with disability for 354 diseases and injuries for 195 countries and territories, 1990-2017: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2017. James SL, Abate D, Abate KH, Abay SM, Abbafati C, Abbasi N, et al. Lancet. 2018;392(10159):1789-858.
33. Sexual motivations during the menopausal transition among Iranian women: a qualitative inquiry. Javadivala Z, Merghati-Khoei E, Underwood C, Mirghafourvand M, Allahverdipour H. Bmc Womens Health. 2018;18.
34. Seeking safety therapy for co-occurring posttraumatic stress disorder and substance use disorder: A case study in Iran. Joekar S, Lavasani FF, Mahaki B, Noroozi A, Birashk B, Najavits LM. International Journal of High Risk Behaviors and Addiction. 2018;7(2).
35. Prevalence and Costs of Complementary/Alternative Medicine among Traumatic Patients in Iran: A Nationwide Population-based Study. Kalantar Motamedi MH, Abouie A, Hafezi-Nejad N, Saadat S, Rahimi-Movaghar A, Motevalian A, et al. Iranian Journal of Public Health. 2018;47(10):1558-66.
36. Sexual Behaviors and Its Predictors among Iranian Women Living in Kashan City 2017: A Cross-Sectional Study. Karimian Z, Atoof F, Azin SA, Maasoumi R, Merghati Khoei E. Addict Biol. 2018;12(3):207-12.
37. Reaching consensus: A review on sexual health training modules for professional capacity building. Karimian Z, Azin SA, Javid N, Araban M, Maasoumi R, Aghayan S, et al. Health Promotion Perspectives. 2018;8(1):1-14.
38. An ad hoc method for dual adjusting for measurement errors and nonresponse bias for estimating prevalence in survey data: Application to Iranian mental health survey on any illicit drug use. Khalagi K, Mansournia MA, Motevalian SA, Nourijelyani K, Rahimi-Movaghar A, Bakhtiyari M. Statistical Methods in Medical Research. 2018;27(10):3062-76.
39. Global Scientific Production on Illicit Drug Addiction: A Two-Decade Analysis. Khalili M, Rahimi-Movaghar A, Shadloo B, Mojtabai R, Mann K, Amin-Esmaeili M. European Addiction Research. 2018;24(2):60-70.
40. Cluster analysis of psychiatric profile, its correlates, and using mental health services among the young people aged 15–34: findings from the first phase of Iranian youth cohort in Ravansar. Khazaie H, Najafi F, Hamzeh B, Chehri A, Rahimi-Movaghar A, Amin-Esmaeili M, et al. Social Psychiatry and Psychiatric Epidemiology. 2018;53(12):1339-48.
41. Veiled truths: Iranian women and risky sexual behavior in the context of substance use. Khoei EM, Jamshidimanesh M, Emamian MH, Sheikhan F, Dolan K, Brady KT. Journal of Reproduction and Infertility. 2018;19(4):237-46.
42. Global, regional, and national disability-adjusted life-years (DALYs) for 359 diseases and injuries and healthy life expectancy (HALE) for 195 countries and territories, 1990-2017: A systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2017. Kyu HH, Abate D, Abate KH, Abay SM,
The Lancet. 2018;392(10159):1859-922.
43. Measuring progress from 1990 to 2017 and projecting attainment to 2030 of the health-related Sustainable Development Goals for 195 countries and territories: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2017. Lozano R, Fullman N, Abate D, Abay SM, Abbafati C, Abbasi N, et al. The Lancet. 2018;392(10159):2091-138.
44. Setting research priorities to achieve long-term health targets in Iran. Mansoori P, Majdzadeh R, Abdi Z, Rudan I, Chan KY, Aarabi M, et al. Journal of Global Health. 2018;8(2).
45. Validity and Reliability of the Persian Version of the "Quality of Life Scale" in Schizophrenia. Masoomi M, Shadloo B, Nedjat S, Bahrami Z, Sharifi V, Amini H. Iranian Journal of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences. 2018;12(3).
46. Results of Activity of Anonymous Alcoholic Association in Iran. Mohseni F, Rafaiee R. Addiction & health. 2018;10(1):11-6.
47. Intentional injuries in the Eastern Mediterranean Region, 1990-2015: findings from the Global Burden of Disease 2015 study. Mokdad AH, Moradi-Lakeh M, Charara R, El Bcheraoui C, Khalil I, Afshin A, et al. International Journal of Public Health. 2018;63:39-46.
48. The medieval Persian manuscript of Afyunieh: the first individual treatise on the opium and addiction in history. Moosavyzadeh A, Ghaffari F, Mosavat SH, Zargaran A, Mokri A, Faghihzadeh S, et al. Journal of Integrative Medicine-Jim. 2018;16(2):77-83.
49. Population and fertility by age and sex for 195 countries and territories, 1950–2017: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2017. Murray CJL, Callender CSKH, Kulikoff XR, Srinivasan V, Abate D, Abate KH, et al. The Lancet. 2018;392(10159):1995-2051.
50. Global Mortality From Firearms, 1990-2016. Naghavi M, Marczak LB, Kutz M, Shackelford KA, Arora M, Miller-Petrie M, et al. Jama-Journal of the American Medical Association. 2018;320(8):792-814.
51. Dorsal hippocampal cannabinergic and GABAergic systems modulate memory consolidation in passive avoidance task. Nasehi M, Gerami-Majd F, Khakpai F, Zarrindast MR. Brain Research Bulletin. 2018;137:197-203.
52. The effect of CA1 dopaminergic system on amnesia induced by harmane in mice. Nasehi M, Hasanvand S, Khakpai F, Zarrindast MR. Acta Neurologica Belgica. 2018:1-9.
53. The role of omega-3 on modulation of cognitive deficiency induced by REM sleep deprivation in rats. Nasehi M, Mosavi-Nezhad SM, Khakpai F, Zarrindast MR. Behavioural Brain Research. 2018;351:152-60.
54. Bidirectional influence of amygdala β1-adrenoceptors blockade on cannabinoid signaling in contextual and auditory fear memory. Nasehi M, Shahbazzadeh S, Ebrahimi-Ghiri M, Zarrindast MR. Journal of Psychopharmacology. 2018;32(8):932-42.
55. Effects of harmane during treadmill exercise on spatial memory of restraint-stressed mice. Nasehi M, Shahini F, Ebrahimi-Ghiri M, Azarbayjani M, Zarrindast MR. Physiology & Behavior. 2018;194:239-45.
56. Factors Influencing Transition to Shisheh (Methamphetamine) among Young People Who Use Drugs in Tehran: A Qualitative Study. Noroozi A, Malekinejad M, Rahimi-Movaghar A. Journal of Psychoactive Drugs. 2018;50(3):214-23.
57. Do needle and syringe programs reduce risky behaviours among people who inject drugs in Kermanshah City, Iran? A coarsened exact matching approach. Noroozi M, Marshall BDL, Noroozi A, Armoon B, Sharifi H, Farhoudian A, et al. Drug and Alcohol Review. 2018;37:S303-S8.
58. Effect of Alcohol Use on Injection and Sexual Behavior among People Who Inject Drugs in Tehran, Iran: A Coarsened Exact Matching Approach. Noroozi M, Marshall BDL, Noroozi A, Armoon B, Sharifi H, Qorbani M, et al. J Res Health Sci. 2018;18(2):e00416.
59. Decomposition of Economic Inequality in Needle and Syringe Programs Utilization to its Determinants among Men Who Inject Drugs in Tehran using Blinder–Oaxaca Decomposition Method. Noroozi M, Rahimi E, Ghisvand H, Qorbani M, Sharifi H, Noroozi A, et al. Substance Use and Misuse. 2018;53(7):1170-6.
60. A Randomized Pilot Trial of Contingency-management Intervention for Patients in during Methadone Maintenance Treatment, Cash vs. Vouchers. Pirnia B, Soleimani A, Taherinakhost HR, Pirnia K, Malekanmehr P, Zahiroddin A. Iranian Journal of Public Health. 2018;47(4):618-9.
61. Prospective Epidemiological Research Studies in Iran (the PERSIAN Cohort Study): Rationale, Objectives, and Design. Poustchi H, Eghtesad S, Kamangar F, Etemadi A, Keshtkar AA, Hekmatdoost A, et al. American Journal of Epidemiology. 2018;187(4):647-55.
62. Pharmacological therapies for management of opium withdrawal. Rahimi-Movaghar A, Gholami J, Amato L, Hoseinie L, Yousefi-Nooraie R, Amin-Esmaeili M.Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews. 2018(6).
63. Perceived advantages and disadvantages of sex education in young women: A qualitative study. Rahmani A, Merghati-Khoei E, Fallahi A. International Journal of High Risk Behaviors and Addiction. 2018;7(2).
64. Influence of citicoline on citalopram-induced antidepressant activity in depressive-like symptoms in male mice. Roohi-Azizi M, Torkaman-Boutorabi A, Akhondzadeh S, Nejatisafa AA, Sadat-Shirazi MS, Zarrindast MR. Physiology & Behavior. 2018;195:151-7.
65. Study of the Role of Dopamine Receptors in Streptozotocin-Induced Depressive-Like Behavior Using the Forced Swim Test Model. Roostaei A, Vaezi G, Nasehi M, Haeri-Rohani A, Zarrindast MR. Galen Medical Journal. 2018;7(1).
66. Including gaming disorder in the ICD-11: The need to do so from a clinical and public health perspective. Rumpf HJ, Achab S, Billieux J, Bowden-Jones H, Carragher N, Demetrovics Z, et al. Journal of Behavioral Addictions. 2018;7(3):556-61.
67. Executive functions are related to serum testosterone and basal metabolism rate fluctuation but not lymphocyte dopamine receptor expression in the young healthy participants. Sadat-Shirazi MS, Ashabi G, Babhadiashar N, Hessari MB, Vousooghi N, Zarrindast MR. Physiology and Pharmacology. 2018;22(1):1-10.
68. Expression of NMDA receptor subunits in human blood lymphocytes: A peripheral biomarker in online computer game addiction. Sadat-Shirazi MS, Vousooghi N, Alizadeh B, Makki SM, Zarei SZ, Nazari S, et al. Journal of Behavioral Addictions. 2018;7(2):260-8.
69. Alteration of dopamine receptors subtypes in the brain of opioid abusers: A postmortem study in Iran. Sadat-Shirazi MS, Zarrindast MR, Daneshparvar H, Ziaie A, Fekri M, Abbasnezhad E, et al. Neuroscience Letters. 2018;687:169-76.
70. Psychiatric disorders among people living with HIV/AIDS in IRAN: Prevalence, severity, service utilization and unmet mental health needs. Shadloo B, Amin-Esmaeili M, Motevalian A, Mohraz M, Sedaghat A, Gouya MM, et al. Journal of Psychosomatic Research. 2018;110:24-31
71. Ambiguities in existing Iranian national policies addressing excessive gaming Commentary on: Policy responses to problematic video game use: A systematic review of current measures and future possibilities (Király et al., 2018). Shadloo B, Farnam R, Amin-Esmaeili M, Hamzehzadeh M, Rafiemanesh H, Jobehdar MM, et al. Journal of Behavioral Addictions. 2018;7(3):540-2.
72. Transcranial DC stimulation modifies functional connectivity of large-scale brain networks in abstinent methamphetamine users.Shahbabaie A, Ebrahimpoor M, Hariri A, Nitsche MA, Hatami J, Fatemizadeh E, et al. Brain and Behavior. 2018;8(3).
73. Optimizing Electrode Montages of Transcranial Direct Current Stimulation for Attentional Bias Modification in Early Abstinent Methamphetamine Users. Shahbabaie A, Hatami J, Farhoudian A, Ekhtiari H, Khatibi A, Nitsche MA. Frontiers in Pharmacology. 2018;9.
74. Crystal methamphetamine use and its correlates in women engaged in sex work in a developing country setting. Shokoohi M, Karamouzian M, Sharifi H, Rahimi-Movaghar A, Carrico AW, Hooshyar SH, et al. Drug and Alcohol Dependence. 2018;185:260-5.
75. Global, regional, and national comparative risk assessment of 84 behavioural, environmental and occupational, and metabolic risks or clusters of risks for 195 countries and territories, 1990-2017: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2017. Stanaway JD, Afshin A, Gakidou E, Lim SS, Abate D, Abate KH, et al. Lancet. 2018;392(10159):1923-94.
76. Adult rat morphine exposure changes morphine preference, anxiety, and the brain expression of dopamine receptors in male offspring. Vousooghi N, Sadat-Shirazi MS, Safavi P, Zeraati R, Akbarabadi A, Makki SM, et al. International Journal of Developmental Neuroscience. 2018;69:49-59.
77. Self-Reported and Network Scale-Up Estimates of Substance Use Prevalence among University Students in Kerman, Iran. Zahedi R, Noroozi A, Hajebi A, Haghdoost AA, Baneshi MR, Sharifi H, et al. J Res Health Sci. 2018;18(2):e00413.
78. Iranian Female Methadone Patients and the Perceived Educational Needs Related to Human Immunodeficiency Virus. Zarghami M, Bagheri M, Bahari H, Tufani K, Mahjoub A, Daneshmand R, et al. Addiction & health. 2018;10(4):242-249.
1. Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!-Higher Hypomania Scores Are Associated with Higher Mental Toughness, Increased Physical Activity, and Lower Symptoms of Depression and Lower Sleep Complaints.
12. Global, regional, and national incidence, prevalence, and years lived with disability for 328 diseases and injuries for 195 countries, 1990-2016: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2016.
13. Global, regional, and national disability-adjusted life-years (DALYs) for 333 diseases and injuries and healthy life expectancy (HALE) for 195 countries and territories, 1990-2016: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2016.
14. Global, regional, and national comparative risk assessment of 84 behavioural, environmental and occupational, and metabolic risks or clusters of risks, 1990-2016: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2016.
21. Inclusion of gaming disorder in the diagnostic classifications and promotion of public health response Commentary to the "Scholars' open debate paper on the World Health Organization ICD-11 Gaming Disorder proposal": A perspective from Iran.
33. Integration of Methamphetamine Harm Reduction into Opioid Harm Reduction Services in Iran: Preliminary Results of a Pilot Study. Radfar SR, Mohsenifar S, Noroozi A. Iran J Psychiatry Behav Sci. 2017 Jun 1;11(2).
34. Evaluation of the CART peptide expression in morphine sensitization in male rats. Bakhtazad A, Vousooghi N, Garmabi B, Zarrindast MR. European journal of pharmacology. 2017 May 5;802:52-9.
35. Synergistic effect between D-AP5 and muscimol in the nucleus accumbens shell on memory consolidation deficit in adult male Wistar rats: An isobologram analysis. Nasehi M, Ostadi E, Khakpai F, Ebrahimi-Ghiri M, Zarrindast MR. Neurobiology of Learning and Memory. 2017 May 1;141:134-42.
36. Role of the amygdala GABA-A receptors in ACPA-induced deficits during conditioned fear learning. Nasehi M, Roghani F, Ebrahimi-Ghiri M, Zarrindast MR. Brain Research Bulletin. 2017 May 1;131:85-92.
37. In patients suffering from major depressive disorders, quantitative EEG showed favorable changes in left and right prefrontal cortex. Haghighi M, Ludyga S, Rahimi B, Jahangard L, Ahmadpanah M, Torabian S, Esnaashari F, Nazaribadie M, Bajoghli H, Bahmani DS, Holsboer-Trachsler E. Psychiatry research. 2017 May 1;251:137-41.