Hamed Ekhtiari, MD,
Assistant Professor Dr. E. Merghati-Khoei
Field of Interests
Health, Sexuality and Gender; Sexual Script Theory; High Risk Behaviors; Women, Addiction and Sexuality; Qualitative Research; Mixed Methodology
BSc (Midwifery) Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences.
MSc (Maternal & Child Health) Iran University of Medical Sciences.
PhD (Public Health & Community Medicine), Specialty (Sexology &Sexual Health Promotion),University of New South Wales, Australia
Fellowship (Women, Addiction & sexuality) Medical University of South Carolina, USA
Assistant Professor, Director of sexual health clinic, Iranian National Center of Addiction Studies (INCAS)
Director of Family & Sexual Health Division, Brian & Spinal Injury Research Center (BASIR); Tehran University of Medical Sciences
Dr. Merghati-Khoei is a sexual health promotion specialist with an interest in multidisciplinary sexology, the origins of sexual behaviors and management of sexual problems. She has developed community-based & culturally sensitive therapy packages for sexual problems in general population and sexual safety for at risk population. She has also developed training packages for "Training of Trainee", "Sexuality Education for Positive Parenting", and "Youth Sexual Health". She is currently the senior lecturer in the School of Public Health, TUMS and director of the sexual health Clinic in INCAS and director of Family & Sexual Health Division in BASIR at The Tehran University of Medical Sciences.
- - Gender Differences in the Prevalence and Predictors of Sexual Risk Behaviors in drug abusing population: Iranian Research Center for HIV/AIDS: Reduction Institution of Risk Behaviors, TUMS.
- - Qualitative Evaluation of Group Therapy in Addiction Contexts: Qualitative Inquiry; UNODC
- - Exploring and development of a tool to examine young women's Sexual Risk Behaviors: Mixed Method; University of Tarbiatee Modarres
- - Exploring and development of a tool to examine the quality of health in Iranian Divorced women: Mixed Method; The school of public health, TUMS
- Effectiveness of PLISSIT Model on women's sexual problems: A Randomized Control Trial: The Isfahan University of Medical Sciences
- Construction of Youth risky sexual behaviors in Isfahan: Grounded Theory; The Isfahan University of Medical Sciences
- Exploring construction of sexual behaviors of couples with Unconsummated Marriage and development of diagnostic measures: Mixed Method; The Mashhad University of Medical Sciences
- Study of association between Intimate Partner Violence and sexual risk behaviors in drug using women: TUMS
- Study of sexual self-concept and marital criteria among youth: Explanatory Design, Mixed Method. The Isfahan University of Medical Sciences
- Exploring the construction of sexual behaviors of drug using women on MMT: Qualitative Inquiry: Iran University of Medical Sciences
- Children are Sexually Innocent”: Iranian Parents’ Understanding of Children’s Sexuality: Archive of Sexual Behvaior: December 2013
- Sexual problems among women with multiple sclerosis (2013): Journal of Neurological Sciences, 331 Download
- Iranian women's understandings of menopause and cultural scenarios (1392). Journal of School of Public Health and Institute of Public Health Research. Vol. 11, No. 1, Spring 2013 download
- How Does Divorce Affect Iranian Women's Sexual Well-Being? Journal of Divorce & Remarriage, 54:5, 381-392 download
- Menopause Negatively Impacts Sexual Lives of Middle-Aged Iranian Women: A Cross-Sectional Study (2013). Journal of Sex & Marital Therapy
- How Do Women at Risk of HIV/AIDS in Iran Perceive Gender Norms and Gendered Power Relations in the Context of Safe Sex Negotiations? (2013). Archive of Sexual Behvaior 42:873–881 download
- Development, validity and reliability of sexual health measures for spinal cord injury patients in Iran. Int J Fertil Steril. (2013); 7(2): 82-87.
- Anti-Staphylococcal Activity of Zataria multiflora Boiss on Urinary Tract Staphylococcus aureus Infections: A Comparative Study. Research Journal of Biological Sciences; Apr(2011), Vol. 6 Issue 4, p187
- Relationship between delivery type and postpartum sexual activity (2010). Journal of Nursing & Midwifery. V20 No 68 download
- How do Iranian young people perceive sexual matters? Expertise Perspectives (2010). Journal of Sexual Medicine; 7(Sl2):105
- Sexual Satisfaction and its Relation to Marital Happiness in Iranians (2009). Iranian Journal of Public Health. V38 No4. PP 77-82 download
- WHAT HAPPENS TO SEXUALITY OF WOMEN DURING LACTATION PERIOD? A STUDY FROM IRAN (2009). Pak J Med Sci 2009 Vol. 25 No. 6
- Sharing beliefs: What sexuality means to Muslim Iranian women living in Australia (2008). Culture, Health & Sexuality: An International Journal for Research, Intervention and Care V.10, Issue 3,
- Concepts of sexuality and health among Iranian women in Australia (2008). Australian family physician; 37(3):190-2
- Prisons and Drugs: A global review of incarceration, drug use and drug services (2007).THE BECKLEY FOUNDATION DRUG POLICY PROGRAMME
- General Sexology for trainees (i.e Reproductive health specialist, Midwives, GPs, Gyn & Ob specialist, Urologists, Psychologists)
- Sexual counselling & therapy models for trainees (i.e Reproductive health specialist, Midwives, GPs, Gyn & Ob specialist, Urologists, Psychologists)
- Sexuality Education for Positive Parenting for parents and Caregivers
- Sexual safety Skill Training for the trainees and clinicians in addiction (GPs, Psychologist)